REGIONAL LOGISTICS MANAGER
Location: Reno, NV
To manage the terminal operations within the southwest region, having direct management responsibility for all terminal operations in Atwater CA, Barstow CA, Oroville CA, Reno NV, and Sparks NV, employees, and fleet management of tractor trailers and indirect responsibility for up to 43 drivers. Heavy focus on safety related to both equipment and all employees. Manages terminal operations efficiently and is responsible for operational expenses related to the terminal facility. Responsible for safe completion of all capital projects for modification to the facility. Also is responsible for facility compliance with all local, state, and federal regulatory authorities having jurisdiction, and RMP/PSM requirements.
• Leadership: Sets a clear vision and uses interpersonal influence and skills to motivate people, especially those over whom he or she has no direct management control. Focuses on World Class Safety which influences the adherence to company policies and procedures.
• Management Skills: The RLM is a key field management position communicating and interacting with a wide range of employees, drivers and others at multiple locations. The RLM must be adaptable to change and capable of adapting his/her Team with change management skills.
• Initiative: a self-starter driven in improvements in our safety culture, safety methodology and technical areas.
• Networking: Combine expertise with internal & outside resources to manage World Class Safety and technical functions.
• Decision Making: Must have ability to make good and timely decisions in a fast paced environment with sometimes incomplete information.
• Communication: Have good interpersonal skills, must listen and persuade others on ideas or courses of action that result in clear understanding and commitment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate & execute monthly meetings with the Terminal’ s Team.
• Conduct three (3) driver safety meetings; three (3) times a year with each member of the Driver’ s Team.
• Provide input to safety programs within the Logistics group, focusing on methods to reduce/prevent injuries.
• Ensure proper training for all terminal personnel is completed on a timely basis.
• Ensure Personal Protective Equipment policy is followed by all personnel, visitors, and contractors.
Accident /Incident Investigation
• Report to the scene as needed and act as technical liaison to emergency responders.
• Coordinate as with the Regional Team Lead to determine the root-cause and course of action for each incident.
• Execute investigations & prepare follow-up reports(s) utilizing the Dakota Scout program and other reporting media as is appropriate.
• Make all notifications as required.
Manage Field Assets
• Manage field operations through a comprehensive logistics database.
• Manage the implementation of logistic programs that streamline the operations of field assets.
• Manage/approve equipment repairs through ARI Fleet management services.
Manage Terminal Operations
• Provide technical support to resolve plant problems; determine need for and locate outside technical consultants whenever required.
• Provide oversight and control of major capital projects and implement associated Process Safety Management protocols during projects.
• Supervise Terminal’ s Team during daily operations.
• Prepare the budget for each fiscal year for terminal operations and capital projects when applicable.
• Minimize operating cost, including inventory losses.
• Maintain compliance with all regulatory agencies requirements that have jurisdiction with particular emphasis on RMP/PSM.
• Manage Trans Flow Operations and personnel.
• Be capable of performing the duties and responsibilities of a Terminal Operations Supervisor and/or Terminal Operator.
Ensure Regulation Compliance
• Ensure 14 Process Safety Management (OSHA PSM) elements are followed by all operations personnel and certain milestones are achieved at specified intervals such as: Process Hazard Analysis revalidation every 5 years, within all recommendations completed and documented: Contractor Safety Program followed, including Safe Work/Hot Work Permitting for activities within the plant; Compliance Audit conducted every 3 years; Management of Change(MOC) followed for all plant modifications, including a Pre-Start Up Safety Review (PSSR) prior to implementation of an changes; all Process Safety Information (PSI) is kept current: Operating Procedures are reviewed and certified annually; Emergency Action Plan (EAP) is reviewed annually; Maintenance program is reviewed and certified annually; and all incident/ accidents are thoroughly investigated with any resulting action items tracked to completion.
• Ensure Risk Management Plan (EPA’ s RMP) is kept current and in completely re-filled at 5 year intervals.
• Develop relationship with authorities having jurisdiction and with emergency responders.
• Ensure mechanical integrity activities are completed along with required annual inspections.
• Ensure other required inspections are completed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Project management skills
• Extensive knowledge of propane storage design, operations, maintenance
• Content /application of significant and relevant industry codes, as well as Federal and State regulatory requirements
• Must be well versed in computer software applications (e.G. Microsoft Office programs)
• Knowledge of P&L statements and other financial documents
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor of Science in Business Management/Logistics (preferred) and/or the equivalent of 8 + years in management or supervisory experience.
• 10 + years of relevant experience in propane/bulk product operations
• 2 + years experience as a Driver Trainer (preferred)
• Smith Systems Trainer Certified (preferred)
• Certified CETP Proctor (preferred)
• 1 year learning curve
• Eligible for a Transportation Workers Identification Credential Card
• Approve terminal related invoices up to $10, 000
• Responsible for management for annual OPEX up to $1.0mm
• Responsible for management of capital expenditures of up to $500m annually